Bees with Honey Pty Ltd ACN 620 889 438 (referred to in this policy as “we”, “our” or “us”) takes seriously the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We use that information in accordance with this policy and any obligations we have under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
What information we collect and hold
To provide you with our services we may collect information about you including (but not necessarily limited to) your full name, company name, job title, telephone number, email address, address, date of birth, details of your employment relationships, and in some cases financial details. We may also use surveys or other means to collect information about you that relates to your interests and your likely interest in different financial products. In some cases this information will be collected anonymously.
We do not collect sensitive information, being information about racial or ethnic origin, membership of political associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, sexual orientation, health, genetic or biometric information.
Where you make use of the services of our partners (including financial advisers, arrangers and issuers of financial products) they may collect and hold other information about you and that information will be held according to their privacy policies.
The information we collect and hold generally will be given to us by you. However, we may be given additional information by third parties such as marketing agencies. We will collect and hold that additional information in accordance with this policy.
Why we collect and hold information
We may collect and hold information about you in order to:
- keep appropriate records for the conduct of our business;
- conduct research to improve our products and develop new products;
- make you aware of information, services and offers that we think may be relevant to you;
- assist in the development of business partnerships that allow us to expand our range of services;
- assist our business partners to provide you with information, services and offers we think may be relevant to you;
- customise our website according to your interests;
- contact you for market research purposes.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your information to third parties for the purposes for which it is collected and held as set out above. This includes:
- our employees, agents, advisers and third parties who assist with the running of our business;
- our business partners and prospective business partners;
- parties involved in the sale or transfer of our business;
- parties to whom we are obliged to disclose information under the law; and
- anyone to whom you authorise us to disclose the information.
We will not disclose information about you to your employer unless either:
- the information is anonymised so you are not individually identified; or
- you authorise us to disclose the information to your employer.
Security and International Transfer
We strive to maintain the security of your personal information and take steps to ensure that it is protected from misuse or unauthorised access or disclosure.
Some of our service providers and partners are located outside Australia. We may disclose your information to those providers and partners for the purposes described in this policy. Where that is the case your information may be transferred overseas. Specifically:
- our data is hosted by a company that operates in Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom and Hong Kong and your information may be transferred between these jurisdictions; and
- we have related bodies corporate in the United Kingdom and your information may be transferred to these related bodies corporate in the course of our operations.
Access and Correction
You may contact us and request details of personal information we hold about you. Where contacted we will comply with any of our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). You may contact us for these purposes at Level 3, 100 Harris Street, Pyrmont, NSW, 2009. In some circumstances an administrative fee may be payable where such a request is made.
If you believe that the information we hold about you is not accurate or is incomplete you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is corrected in a timely manner.
If you believe we have breached this policy or any obligation we may have under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) you should contact us at email@example.com. We will investigate your complaint and respond in writing setting out what action we will take as a result of our investigation.
We may change this policy at any time and without notice by updating it on our website. By continuing to use the website you will be deemed to have accepted those changes.